Effect Of A Biofortified Food Basket On Micronutrient Status And Immune And Cognitive Function Among Infants In India
- Bonam Wesley
- Jere Haas
- Julia Finkelstein
- Shobha Udipi
Study PeriodFebruary 2019 - December 2020
- Experimental: MBFC-Exp The MBFC-Exp (four biofortified food crops - Experimental) arm will consume the biofortified multiple food crops basket.
- Active Comparator: MBFC-C The MBFC-C (Multiple biofortified food crops - Control) arm will consume the non-biofortified (commercially available) four food crops basket.
- Biomarkers of vitamin A, iron, and zinc status [ Time Frame: endline (9 months) ]
- Physical growth [ Time Frame: endline (9 months) ]
- Immune function [ Time Frame: endline (9 months) ]
- Cognitive function [ Time Frame: endline (9 months) ]
- Locally produced
Which food products do recipients enjoy eating and have the fewest side effects?
How well do different food compositions and interventions prevent or treat undernutrition, when implemented "on the ground"?
What novel food-based products and programming methods effectively prevent and treat undernutrition?