Women First: preconception maternal nutrition
- Nancy Krebs
Study PeriodAugust 2013 - October 2019
Multi-country three-arm, individually randomized, non-masked, controlled trial to ascertain the benefits of ensuring optimal maternal nutrition before conception and providing an evidence base for programmatic priority directed to minimizing the risk of malnutrition in all females of reproductive age.
- Experimental: Arm 1: Preconception
- Experimental: Arm 2: Pregnancy
- No Intervention: Arm 3: Control
- Neonatal linear growth
- Standard Lipid-Based Nutrient Supplements (LNS)
- Micronutrient powders (MNP)
How well do different food compositions and interventions prevent or treat undernutrition, when implemented "on the ground"?